Club cleanup is in it’s second week. The turnout for the second weekend was less than the first weekend. However a lot has been done. But there’s still a lot that needs to be done. The pool has been drained and some spot painting will be done shortly. A lot of cleaning has been going on and miscellaneous other things. There is still a list of things that still need to be done. So, PLEASE try to get over to the Club and do your part. You can call Kevin at the Club and he’ll guide you as to what exactly he needs help with.
A slightly hungover crowd attended the 3rd annual Glutton Bowling at the Corner Bar on Saturday night.
Several of the attendees had partied hardy into the wee hours of Saturday after the membership meeting. Then with Club clean-up most of the day Saturday, they were dragging a little Saturday night. But that didn’t stop them from having fun.
Click on the pics below to enlarge them.
Notes from the membership meeting of Friday, April 18, 2008:
- Grass will be cut by Dan Halverson once again … at $55 per cut.
- Also approved $70 for weed & feed and grass seed for some bare spots
- Shit List: Eric Galvin
- Football High Score Pool sales will start soon Potential to make $3,000. Details coming soon.
- Club Clean-Up Saturday Apr 19th and Saturday April 26 starting at 9 am.
- Poker Tournament had 41 players. Net profit $483 Jim Paulson won and Dan “All In” Sucich came in second.
- Washer Tournament May 17. Meeting Wed, Apr 23 at 6 pm. Still need a few more boxes. If you have any pieces of 2X4’s laying around, bring them to the club.
- Golf Tournament Sept. 20th. 8:30 start time. Belk Park. Cost expected to be $75 per person. Next year we think we can get a better deal at Woodlands.
- Happy Hour Party May 30th. Gary Rowberry and Glen Morris will coordinate.
- Water pipe needs to be replaced. We’re probably also going to replace and relocate the water heater at the same time. Where are you Twig?
- Party at the Park – May 2nd. Doors open at 6 pm. We need to get there early to save tables.
- Satellite TV changes: Nothing new.
- Bathroom remodel: Discussed but nothing definite planned. We just don’t want to forget about it.
- Deck Expansion: Membership approved the plan as presented by the committee. Work is expected to get underway right after the summer swimming season. A meeting will be held April 30th at 5 pm.
- GMVB 08: An organizational meeting will be held on Wed, April 30th at 6:30 pm. We urge all members to attend this meeting.
- Glutton Amazing Race: Dave Heacock, with the help of others, is coordinating an Glutton Style Amazing Race for this fall, probably in October. This could turn into a nice fundraiser for the Club…. and a heck of a good time for all. More details as they develop.
- Danny Schoendienst sponsored (again) for membership. Dan says he’s really ready now to become a Glutton.
Meeting adjourned at 9:39 pm. A poker game, libations and bullshit talk erupted afterwards.
As you can tell we’re slowly making progress on the site update. We’ve added a new header picture.
I’m learning a new language as I do this and time is limited, but I’m trying to do a few things every day.
All the links might not be working, but we’re slowoly making progress.
I added a page for the member list, but it’s not displaying correctly. I’ll work on it when I have some more time.
I’ll probably password protect some pages so just anyone can’t view them. Only members will have access.
Lots to do…. but now that it is up and running it should be easier to add things a little at a time.
We need items for the Silent Auction. 100% of the proceeds for the Silent Auction will go to the Evangelical Children’s Home in St. Louis. Contact Deb Heacock 314-355-7421 or Jon Heacock 636-475-7565 with items or for more info.
For more general information on Glutton Mud Volleyball 2008 click here.
Welcome to GluttonESS.com. We’re in the process of converting the old Glutton website into one that is more current and will be much easier to update as time goes on. We’re using WordPress as the backbone of the site. It is the same software I use for Bits & Pieces. We’ll use a different theme … or look, than B&P. In the next few days we’ll be porting the old data (address lists, news, By-Laws, etc) to the new format. Bear with us as we try new things. The look of the site may change from time to time as we figure out what we want it to look like…. and what works and doesn’t work.
You may comment on each article (post) by clicking the “comment” link at the bottom of the article. I think the first time you comment you have to enter your info and the post has to be approved by me, but after that you can post anytime.