About 20 people atteneded the first Happy Hour party of the summer at the Club last night. Glen grilled up a big batch of wings and Dan Sucich grilled some vegetables. Lots of delicious finger foods were enjoyed by all. The Gluttons don’t let a little storm dampen their spirits.
Bring your own drinks. The Club will provide some chicken wings and chips.
Bring along your swimsuit and brave the cool water.
Let’s party Rain or Shine! Well… not too much shine after dark. So let’s say Rain or No Rain!
Dan Sucich spent half the day cooking some of the most scrumptious food we’ve had at the Club. The man knows how to cook… under the remote supervision of Gary Rowberry of course. (Rowberry didn’t even get there until 3 pm and Dan still did a great job.)
Donnie McGuire was the only Glutton from out of town to show up with brother Dan and Momma McGuire.
(Click on any picture to enlarge)
Well, the meterologists have finally come to their senses and admitted there’s a chance for rain Sunday. We could have told them that… buy they didn’t want our expertise.
20% huh? More like 20% chance it WON’T rain.
Anyway, the cooking will begin early. So get there early and get your money’s worth.
Fun Food and Friends.
To quote an old Glutton….
“This must be why we’re here.”
Little do the meterologists know about the weather on Memorial Day Sunday. They’re forecasting clear skies and temps in the low 80’s. Perfect weather for a picnic. Of course, any weather is perfect weather for the Glutton Memorial Day PIGNIC. This will be the 38th Glutton Memorial Day PIGNIC held at the Club.
It all begins this Sunday, May 25th as the Gluttons gather for the first official party of the summer. The PIGNIC kicks off the summer season at the Club.
The pool is ready, though a tad cool. August Green is gone, replaced by Sparkling Blue. We’ll have to wait to see how long that lasts.
The fare for the PIGNIC is the usul… thick, juicy pork steaks, chicken, hot dogs, burgers, corn on the cob, potato salad, slaw and all the trimmings.
Cost for the day is $15 for adults, $5 for kids from 6 to 20 and Free for kids 5 and under. Please let Byrd know if you plan to attend. (314–578–2926)
Get there early and make it an all day affair. Everyone is welcome. Bring a friend. More info here.
The Glutton God Gluttonious graced us with great weather for the 2nd Glutton Washer Tournament. Twenty-eight teams played in the tournament. Two teams found out about the tournament by Googling Washer Tournament and discovering the Glutton website anf flyer here. Final number aren’t in but it appears we didn’t get the numbers we were expecting. But, everyone who was there had a great time. The committee is going to meet and fine-tune how we run the tournament. We want to keep doing it once or twice a year, but we need to figure out how we can profit a little more from it next time.
Speaking of next time….. we’re talking about doing another tournament in late summer or early fall…. sometime after Mud Volleyball.
Update: It looks like we made abour $400 on the event.
Click to enlarge the pictures
I’ve fixed a couple things that weren’t quite right:
- The Rules and More link now works on the Glutton Links section (right side). It now takes you to a page where you can select either the Operating Rules or the By-Laws. Previously it would take you straight to the By-Laws.
- I redid the Football Raffle page since some oddities were showing up on the page when viewed with Internet Explorer. I use Firefox, so I didn’t have that problem. It now appears to display properly using either browser.
If you run across something that doesn’t seem right, please let me know. You can either, call, email, or just leave a comment about the problem.
The May issue of the Glutton Gas is in the mail. Most will receive it by Friday or Saturday.
Notes form the Board meeting of Wednesday, May 7, 2008:
- Club Mascot The Board voted to accept Wrigley (sometimes known as Toddles II) as the official Club mascot. He now has all the rights of a member except he’s not allowed IN the pool, nor is he allowed to shit on the diving board steps. Wrigley was granted all other member priviliges. (I guess he’ll be reserving the Club soon.)
- Shit List: Dan Halverson and Joe Rieker were reported to be at least 90 days in arrears.
- Deck Expansion planning is underway. The tentative kickoff of this project is Sunday, September 21 (the day after the Golf Tournament) Some preliminary work may take place before that date. More info on the deck expansion project can be found on the Deck Expansion page. Next meeting, May 14th 6 pm
- Bathroom Remodel It hasn’t been forgotten, but is on the back burner for now
- Trees We have a few trees that are dead and pose a potential threat to the storage container in the back yard. The Board is evaluating it’s options.
- Swimming Pool was just filled and is it’s usual August Green… but the filter hadn’t been turned on as of the Board meeting. (It should be running by the time you read this). Also, the Board believes the bottom drain has been unclogged.
- Football Pool Raffle tickes were printed by Jonco and all 496 were stuffed into random envelopes and are for sale. More info on the Football Raffle page.
- Attic Insulation still needs to be put in the attic. Glen volunteered to spearhead the installation.
- GMVB 2008 Letters from the Evangelical Children’s Home and the Gluttons are on the website to help facilitate the aquisition of items for the Silent Auction. Rosters are also available online. See the GMVB page for more info. We’re also developing an Early Pig Package at a discount for teams.
- Memorial Day Pignic is set for Sunday, May 25th. The Board left the cost for the event the same as last year. $15 for adults, $5 for kids from 6–20, and FREE for all kids 5 and under. Last year we lost $214 on the event. Standard fare is planned this year, including those delicious extra thick pork steaks. Get there early!
- Board meeting attendance There was some discussion about some Board members missing Board meetings. The Board members present emphasized the importance of all Board members being present at Board meetings.
- Upcoming Events
- Expansion Committee meeting May 14 6 pm
- Washer Tournament May 17 More info
- Happy Hour Party May 30 6 pm – ? (Small cover charge)
- Father’s Day Jun 15 – Bring your own food and drink… and Dad too.
- Komen Walk Jun 21 Sign up here to walk with the Gluttons
- Golf Tournament Sep 20. Details coming soon
- Amazing Race – Glutton Style Coming this fall
- Christmas Party Dec 20
Carl Schilligo, father of Sue Yates, died on Wednesday, April 30th, 2008. Visitation is May, 1st from 3–9 pm at Bucholz Math Herman Mortuary at 837 Mid Rivers Mall Drive in St. Peters. Funeral Fri. May 2, 10 a.m. from BUCHHOLZ MATH HERMAN Mortuary, 837 Mid Rivers Mall Drive to St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church #2 Seton Court, St. Charles, MO. for a 10:30 a.m. Mass. He will be buries at Jefferson Barracks cemetery following the service.
The Glutton family extends it’s condolences to Sue, Bill and their entire family.
The Post Dispatch obituary can be found here.
Club cleanup is in it’s second week. The turnout for the second weekend was less than the first weekend. However a lot has been done. But there’s still a lot that needs to be done. The pool has been drained and some spot painting will be done shortly. A lot of cleaning has been going on and miscellaneous other things. There is still a list of things that still need to be done. So, PLEASE try to get over to the Club and do your part. You can call Kevin at the Club and he’ll guide you as to what exactly he needs help with.
A slightly hungover crowd attended the 3rd annual Glutton Bowling at the Corner Bar on Saturday night.
Several of the attendees had partied hardy into the wee hours of Saturday after the membership meeting. Then with Club clean-up most of the day Saturday, they were dragging a little Saturday night. But that didn’t stop them from having fun.
Click on the pics below to enlarge them.
Notes from the membership meeting of Friday, April 18, 2008:
- Grass will be cut by Dan Halverson once again … at $55 per cut.
- Also approved $70 for weed & feed and grass seed for some bare spots
- Shit List: Eric Galvin
- Football High Score Pool sales will start soon Potential to make $3,000. Details coming soon.
- Club Clean-Up Saturday Apr 19th and Saturday April 26 starting at 9 am.
- Poker Tournament had 41 players. Net profit $483 Jim Paulson won and Dan “All In” Sucich came in second.
- Washer Tournament May 17. Meeting Wed, Apr 23 at 6 pm. Still need a few more boxes. If you have any pieces of 2X4’s laying around, bring them to the club.
- Golf Tournament Sept. 20th. 8:30 start time. Belk Park. Cost expected to be $75 per person. Next year we think we can get a better deal at Woodlands.
- Happy Hour Party May 30th. Gary Rowberry and Glen Morris will coordinate.
- Water pipe needs to be replaced. We’re probably also going to replace and relocate the water heater at the same time. Where are you Twig?
- Party at the Park – May 2nd. Doors open at 6 pm. We need to get there early to save tables.
- Satellite TV changes: Nothing new.
- Bathroom remodel: Discussed but nothing definite planned. We just don’t want to forget about it.
- Deck Expansion: Membership approved the plan as presented by the committee. Work is expected to get underway right after the summer swimming season. A meeting will be held April 30th at 5 pm.
- GMVB 08: An organizational meeting will be held on Wed, April 30th at 6:30 pm. We urge all members to attend this meeting.
- Glutton Amazing Race: Dave Heacock, with the help of others, is coordinating an Glutton Style Amazing Race for this fall, probably in October. This could turn into a nice fundraiser for the Club…. and a heck of a good time for all. More details as they develop.
- Danny Schoendienst sponsored (again) for membership. Dan says he’s really ready now to become a Glutton.
Meeting adjourned at 9:39 pm. A poker game, libations and bullshit talk erupted afterwards.
As you can tell we’re slowly making progress on the site update. We’ve added a new header picture.
I’m learning a new language as I do this and time is limited, but I’m trying to do a few things every day.
All the links might not be working, but we’re slowoly making progress.
I added a page for the member list, but it’s not displaying correctly. I’ll work on it when I have some more time.
I’ll probably password protect some pages so just anyone can’t view them. Only members will have access.
Lots to do…. but now that it is up and running it should be easier to add things a little at a time.
We need items for the Silent Auction. 100% of the proceeds for the Silent Auction will go to the Evangelical Children’s Home in St. Louis. Contact Deb Heacock 314-355-7421 or Jon Heacock 636-475-7565 with items or for more info.
For more general information on Glutton Mud Volleyball 2008 click here.
Welcome to GluttonESS.com. We’re in the process of converting the old Glutton website into one that is more current and will be much easier to update as time goes on. We’re using WordPress as the backbone of the site. It is the same software I use for Bits & Pieces. We’ll use a different theme … or look, than B&P. In the next few days we’ll be porting the old data (address lists, news, By-Laws, etc) to the new format. Bear with us as we try new things. The look of the site may change from time to time as we figure out what we want it to look like…. and what works and doesn’t work.
You may comment on each article (post) by clicking the “comment” link at the bottom of the article. I think the first time you comment you have to enter your info and the post has to be approved by me, but after that you can post anytime.