The Glutton crowd at the Make-A-Wish Chicken & Beer Dance in Fairview Heights on Saturday night. Click to enlarge.
The next membership meeting will take place this Friday evening, October 23, 2015 starting at 7:23 pm.
On the agenda… Ratification of a change in the By-Laws regarding filling of vacancies on the Board of Directors.
B there or be square.
GMVB 2012 is in the books. We had 56 teams that played in rain, sunshine and heat. Everyone had a great time. Thanks to all the Gluttons and friends who worked on the event, the spectators who came to watch and a special thanks to the people who played in the tournament. For without you there would be no tournament. Thanks also to those who supported the Silent Auction.
We hope to see you again next year for our 29th Annual Glutton Mud Volleyball Tournament.
A few hundred pictures follow…. Update: We’ve added a few more
Attached is a copy of the April 2010 Glutton Gas
You can download the Gas by clicking the link below:
Notes from the Board meeting of Wednesday, February 3, 2010.
Trivia Night: Set up at 4:30pm. Doors open at 6:30. Jonco will M.C. since Brink is blinded by cataracts
Deck Committee: Kitchen is the last remaining project to be completed. Will get started on it as soon as the weather breaks. Should be done by Pignic. Still underbudget by a little bit but will need a little more to finish the project right.
Bathroom remodel: Might be held off until the fall now.
St. Pat’s Party March 13: Festivities get underway about 2 pm. $5 pp to cover the cost of corned beef meal. BYOB and a snack to share.
Poker Tournament: Thinking about doing one in the spring.
Super Bowl Shrimp Feast: $15 pp. 3:328 start time. Several people will bring chili and/or snacks. Spearman will bring a load of smoked wings for $25
Shit List: D. Halverson and Jim Woodside. Bord is going to prepare a form letter to send to delinquent members.
Reservation collusion: Discussed whether the collusion in securing reservation dates is fair. Many feel it is fair. Some don’t. Board talked about trying to come up with a solution by the October Membership meeting.
Beer machine light: Dan Sucich is going to try to get a light bulb for the beer machine.
Beer at meetings: There was a motion to discuss limiting beer drinking at meetings. Motion was not sdeconded. The Club has never been so quiet. This reporter thought he had gone deaf.
Election of new officers: President – Kevin McCauley, Vice-President – Joe Rieker, Sgt. of Arms – Dan Murphy, Social Coordinator – Kevin McCauley, Chairman – Mike Green, Vice-Chairman – Glen Morris, Treasurer – Mike Mathews, Orientation Officer – Gerard Pfeffer and of course… Official Supervisor – Gary Rowberry.
Renee Krato, 16, daughter of Mike Krato passed away this morning at a hospital in Independence MO. She had gone to Kansas City with her dad, Mike and step mom Gail for a wheelchair softball tournament that Mike played in.
After the tournament on Saturday, they returned to their hotel in Independence. Renee headed down to the swimming pool somewhere around 9 pm. After 20 or 30 minutes, Gail and Mike were getting ready to go down there too when the paramedics knocked on their door. Someone had spotted her floating in the pool. They pulled her out and began CPR while someone else called 911. They rushed her to the hospital but they couldn’t revive her. She was put on a ventilator to help her breathe. Her mom and the rest of her family arrived during the night. Tests concluded there was no brain activity and she was non-responsive. They removed the life support and she passed away this morning (Monday).
The family is donating her organs so other people might live.
Visitation Thursday, July 2, 1009 from 2–8 pm at Stygar & Son 13980 New Halls Ferry Rd in Florissant.
Funeral Friday, July 3, 2009 at 11 am at Chapel of the Cross Church 11645 Benham Rd (behind Christian Northeast).
(In case you don’t know, Mike Krato is married to Pat Heacock’s sister Gail.)
Update: Here is Renee’s obituary notice:
Brother Dan McGuire sends along this picture he took recently of the old Glutton Club at 5611 Riverview. It’s been transformed into a barber shop. It’s not open yet, but the Grand Village Barber Shop will be open in a few weeks.
The next membership meeting will be this Friday night, October 17th starting at 7:17 sharp. Be there!
Note: The Gas is in the mail and it says the meeting is Friday, October 18th…just like this did, until I fixed it.
So remember, the meeting is Friday night, not Saturday.
Thanks to those who pointed that out for me.
Notes from the membership meeting of Friday, April 18, 2008:
- Grass will be cut by Dan Halverson once again … at $55 per cut.
- Also approved $70 for weed & feed and grass seed for some bare spots
- Shit List: Eric Galvin
- Football High Score Pool sales will start soon Potential to make $3,000. Details coming soon.
- Club Clean-Up Saturday Apr 19th and Saturday April 26 starting at 9 am.
- Poker Tournament had 41 players. Net profit $483 Jim Paulson won and Dan “All In” Sucich came in second.
- Washer Tournament May 17. Meeting Wed, Apr 23 at 6 pm. Still need a few more boxes. If you have any pieces of 2X4’s laying around, bring them to the club.
- Golf Tournament Sept. 20th. 8:30 start time. Belk Park. Cost expected to be $75 per person. Next year we think we can get a better deal at Woodlands.
- Happy Hour Party May 30th. Gary Rowberry and Glen Morris will coordinate.
- Water pipe needs to be replaced. We’re probably also going to replace and relocate the water heater at the same time. Where are you Twig?
- Party at the Park – May 2nd. Doors open at 6 pm. We need to get there early to save tables.
- Satellite TV changes: Nothing new.
- Bathroom remodel: Discussed but nothing definite planned. We just don’t want to forget about it.
- Deck Expansion: Membership approved the plan as presented by the committee. Work is expected to get underway right after the summer swimming season. A meeting will be held April 30th at 5 pm.
- GMVB 08: An organizational meeting will be held on Wed, April 30th at 6:30 pm. We urge all members to attend this meeting.
- Glutton Amazing Race: Dave Heacock, with the help of others, is coordinating an Glutton Style Amazing Race for this fall, probably in October. This could turn into a nice fundraiser for the Club…. and a heck of a good time for all. More details as they develop.
- Danny Schoendienst sponsored (again) for membership. Dan says he’s really ready now to become a Glutton.
Meeting adjourned at 9:39 pm. A poker game, libations and bullshit talk erupted afterwards.
As you can tell we’re slowly making progress on the site update. We’ve added a new header picture.
I’m learning a new language as I do this and time is limited, but I’m trying to do a few things every day.
All the links might not be working, but we’re slowoly making progress.
I added a page for the member list, but it’s not displaying correctly. I’ll work on it when I have some more time.
I’ll probably password protect some pages so just anyone can’t view them. Only members will have access.
Lots to do…. but now that it is up and running it should be easier to add things a little at a time.
Welcome to GluttonESS.com. We’re in the process of converting the old Glutton website into one that is more current and will be much easier to update as time goes on. We’re using WordPress as the backbone of the site. It is the same software I use for Bits & Pieces. We’ll use a different theme … or look, than B&P. In the next few days we’ll be porting the old data (address lists, news, By-Laws, etc) to the new format. Bear with us as we try new things. The look of the site may change from time to time as we figure out what we want it to look like…. and what works and doesn’t work.
You may comment on each article (post) by clicking the “comment” link at the bottom of the article. I think the first time you comment you have to enter your info and the post has to be approved by me, but after that you can post anytime.