Notes from the Membership meeting of Friday, April 17, 2009:
- Stump removal: We’re having 4 or 5 stumps removed for $75 – $100 in the near future.
- Bike Ride – June 7: Anyone wishing to join a group of Gluttons and ride their bike is asked to meet at the Conservation office at Columbia Bottoms on Sunday, June 7th at 9 am. A ride will follow and then those interested will go back to the Club and relax.
- Komen Race for the cure – June 13: Details coming soon.
- Trivia Night changed to July 31: Due to several key people not being available on the original night, we’ve rescheduled the Outdoor Trivia Night for Friday night, July 31st. More info coming soon.
- Pool: Part of the new salt chlorination system has been installed. The pool still needs to be drained, painted and filled. We have the paint here and ready ($608) We’re trying to hold off that work until the major construction of the patio cover is completed (another week or two).
- Beer machine: The dollar bill changer on the beverage machine appears to be working.
- GMVB 09 – August 9: Things are in motion for GMVB. Special 25th anniversary T-shirts are being printed. They will sell for about $15 each and will have six color printing. We have positioned a fourth court to alleviate the long wait between games for some teams. It will also allow us to hold a losers money tournament also. We’re not planning on adding any more teams, just tightening up the schedule a little. We want to urge members to get letters from the Children’s home and the4 Club it help acquire items for the Silent Auction.
- 45th Anniversary Pignic – May 22–24: To celebrate the 45th anniversary of the Gluttons, the Club is hosting a Friday night Happy Hour for guys only on Friday, May 22nd. Beer, soda and snacks will be provided for a $10 pp fee. On Saturday, May 23rd,, Mike Mathews is heading up a golf outing starting around 10 am. The rest of the day is to recoup for the big Pignic on Sunday, May 24th. Those festivities will begin early and last late into the night. We’re expecting a large crowd and everyone is welcome…. old friends and new friends too.
T-Shirts: Special 45th anniversary T-shirts and regular Glutton T-shirts will be available that weekend.
- Peeing Dog Missing: The infamous peeing dog statue has disappeared from the Club. If anyone knows it’s whereabouts please return it to the Club. No questions asked.
- Old mower sold: No, we didn’t get rid of Rick! The Club has reached an agreement with Ding to purchase the old riding mower from the Club for $300.
- Deck Expansion: The patio work is nearly completed. There is still quite a bit of landscaping to be done and construction of the roof area is set for next weekend. The kitchen will be started on after that roof. We’ll finish the railing on the north end after that too. The steps into the back yard are pretty much done with pavers put in at the bottom of the steps. Looks great!
- Shawn McCauley will be heading back into the service in a month or so. He promises to catch up on his back dues first though.
- Golf Tournament – Sept. 26: The Glutton Golf Tournament is still set for Saturday, September 26th at the Woodlands golf course. Details coming soon.
- Ice maker: Just a reminder that if you take a bunch of ice from the freezer, please make an effort to re-bag some more ice from the ice-maker.
- Happy Hour – May 8: The first Glutton happy hour of the year will be Friday night, May 8th. Kevin will be coordinating the gathering. There will be a specialty drink and everyone is asked to bring a snack and any other drinks you might like along with a couple of bucks to cover expenses.
- Happy Hour June ?: Luis Martinez volunteered to coordinate a Happy Hour in June. Date to be announced.
- Party at the Park – May 1: Joe Rieker is leading a group to Fairmount Park on Friday night, May 1st. Admission is $11 and includes a vast appetizer buffet. AB bottle beers are available for $1. Doors open at 6 pm. Post time is 7:30. Get there early.