Board meeting notes – June 30, 2009

Notes from the Board meeting of Tuesday, June 30, 2009.  (July meeting)

  • Washer Tournament  25 teams – profit $698.80
  • Sex Trivia Night – July 31st – $280 or $320 at the door. 
  • Deck Committee – On track and on budget (or real close to budget)
  • GMVB Aug 9 – Cooper will build the 4th ref chair the week after the 4th of July.  Twig getting pipes for 4th court net.  Anita Martinez joined the Silent Auction committee.  Food prices increased a little.  Jim Doyle is donating 192 hot dogs and 60 brats.
  • Golf Tournament September 26th – * am start. $75 each player at Woodlands golf course in Godfrey IL.
  • Recycling profit:  Last trip $80 – Keep up the good work!
  • Patio set:  Someone is donating a patio set if we want it.  Glen is going to check it out.
  • Renee Krato died – She’s the daughter of Mike (Gail) Krato.  Drown in Kansas City on June 29.  Arrangements were pending.
  • Fireworks:  Anyone and everyone was invited to the Morris farm for July 4th fireworks. 
  • Reservations:  Dave Gase July 4 – Everyone welcome.

Board meeting notes – June 3, 2009

Notes from the Board meeting of Wednesday, June 3, 2009:

  • GMVB – August 9th: Planning is still going on.   We need items for the Silent Auction.  GMVB meeting was changed to Wed. June 24th at 6 pm. 
  • Washer Tournament – June 12:  $40 per team.  Expecting about 20 teams.  Registration at 6 pm. Start 6:30
  • Billy Cira Golf Tournament: A golf tourney is being held on Aug. 1st in memory of Billy Cira (he was the guard we had at MVB for several years).   Call 867–8836 for info.
  • Sex Trivia – July 31st:  The first Glutton Sex Trivia Night will be held at the Club on Friday night, July 31st.  Doors open at 6:pm.  Trivia starts at 7.  Fancy drinks and finger foods.  Cost is $280 in advance (paid by July 20) or $320 at the door.  Limited to 12 tables.  Click here for more info.
  • Deck Committee:  All in all we may be just a little over budget, but not too much. 
  • Komen Walk for the Cure:  Saturday, June 13th.  Contact Liz Schoendienst for info or click here.
  • Bike ride Sunday – June 7:  Meet at Columbia Bottoms at 9 am if interested.
  • Pavers:  A motion passed to save two pallets of pavers for future work and sell the rest to those interested at 25 cents a brick.  Several people interested.
  • Diving board tape:  Motion passed to spend $47 for some kind of sticky tape to cover the diving board.
  • Shawn in Jersey:  Shawn McCauley is now in New Jersey and will be in various place the next year or so with the army.
  • Membership Meeting:  Friday, July 10th at 7:10 pm
  • New members: And the dates they were sponsored for membership.
    • Mark Paulson – May 09
    • John Lee – Jun 08
    • Jim Doyle – Jun 08
    • Andy Norton – Sep 08
    • Jim Murphy – Apr 09

According to our bylaws an associate member can petition the Board for Resident status after one year.


Membership meeting notes – April 17, 2009

Notes from the Membership meeting of Friday, April 17, 2009:

  • Stump removal:  We’re having 4 or 5 stumps removed for $75 – $100 in the near future.
  • Bike Ride – June 7:  Anyone wishing to join a group of Gluttons and ride their bike is asked to meet at the Conservation office at Columbia Bottoms on Sunday, June 7th at 9 am.  A ride will follow and then those interested will go back to the Club and relax.
  • Komen Race for the cure – June 13:  Details coming soon.
  • Trivia Night changed to July 31:  Due to several key people not being available on the original night, we’ve rescheduled the Outdoor Trivia Night for Friday night, July 31st.  More info coming soon.
  • Pool:  Part of the new salt chlorination system has been installed.  The pool still needs to be drained, painted and filled.  We have the paint here and ready ($608)  We’re trying to hold off that work until the major construction of the patio cover is completed (another week or two).
  • Beer machine:  The dollar bill changer on the beverage machine appears to be working.
  • GMVB 09 – August 9:  Things are in motion for GMVB.  Special 25th anniversary T-shirts are being printed.  They will sell for about $15 each and will have six color printing.  We have positioned a fourth court to alleviate the long wait between games for some teams.  It will also allow us to hold a losers money tournament also.  We’re not planning on adding any more teams, just tightening up the schedule a little.  We want to urge members to get letters from the Children’s home and the4 Club it help acquire items for the Silent Auction. 
  • 45th Anniversary Pignic – May 22–24:  To celebrate the 45th anniversary of the Gluttons, the Club is hosting a Friday night Happy Hour for guys only on Friday, May 22nd.  Beer, soda and snacks will be provided for a $10 pp fee.  On Saturday, May 23rd,, Mike Mathews is heading up a golf outing starting around 10 am.  The rest of the day is to recoup for the big Pignic on Sunday, May 24th.  Those festivities will begin early and last late into the night.  We’re expecting a large crowd and everyone is welcome…. old friends and new friends too.
    T-Shirts: Special 45th anniversary T-shirts and regular Glutton T-shirts will be available that weekend.
  • Peeing Dog Missing:  The infamous peeing dog statue has disappeared from the Club.  If anyone knows it’s whereabouts please return it to the Club. No questions asked.
  • Old mower sold:  No, we didn’t get rid of Rick!  The Club has reached an agreement with Ding to purchase the old riding mower from the Club for $300.
  • Deck Expansion:  The patio work is nearly completed.  There is still quite a bit of landscaping to be done and construction of the roof area is set for next weekend. The kitchen will be started on after that roof.  We’ll finish the railing on the north end after that too.  The steps into the back yard are pretty much done with pavers put in at the bottom of the steps. Looks great!
  • Shawn McCauley will be heading back into the service in a month or so.  He promises to catch up on his back dues first though.
  • Golf Tournament – Sept. 26:  The Glutton Golf Tournament is still set for Saturday, September 26th at the Woodlands golf course.  Details coming soon.
  • Ice maker:  Just a reminder that if you take a bunch of ice from the freezer, please make an effort to re-bag some more ice from the ice-maker.
  • Happy Hour – May 8:  The first Glutton happy hour of the year will be Friday night, May 8th.  Kevin will be coordinating the gathering.  There will be a specialty drink and everyone is asked to bring a snack and any other drinks you might like along with a couple of bucks to cover expenses.
  • Happy Hour June ?:  Luis Martinez volunteered to coordinate a Happy Hour in June.  Date to be announced.
  • Party at the Park – May 1:  Joe Rieker is leading a group to Fairmount Park on Friday night, May 1st. Admission is $11 and includes a vast appetizer buffet.  AB bottle beers are available for $1.  Doors open at 6 pm.  Post time is 7:30.  Get there early.

Board meeting notes – April 1, 2009

Notes from the Board meeting of Wednesday, April 1, 2009:

  • Poker Tournament netted $218.  Only about 20 people played. Charlie Morris won the tournament.
  • Deck expansion: As you can see quite a bit or progress has been made on the area.  Murph is putting the finishing touches on the walkway along the side of the garage and the landscape area there.  All the whole pavers have been laid and now we’re doing the trim work with cut pavers.  That’s the time consuming part.
    Framing for the overhead canopy could start as early as Easter weekend.  We’re planning on working this Saturday, so plan on coming over and helping out.
  • St. Pat’s party was a huge success.  Thanks to Mike & Terri Green for their hard work organizing this fun event.
  • Outdoor Trivia Night is still set for Saturday, August 29th.  Mark your calendars. c This should be a fun event.
  • Washer Tournament originally set for June 6th has been delayed.  Stay tuned for further developments.
  • 45th Anniversary:  A committee was formed to work on plans for the 45th Anniversary Memorial Day gathering.  Preliminary plans call for a Saturday night party at the Club and the usual Memorial Day Pignic on Sunday.  The committee is meeting next Tuesday night at the Club.  If you have any suggestions contact Jonco, Jewco, Paganoco and Mike Greenco. and Kevco.
  • GMVB 2009:  Plans are underway for the 25th Glutton Mud Volleyball Tournament.  A special 25th Anniversary shirt is in the works.  More info coming soon.  We’re in need of donations for the Silent Auction, so lets get working on that.
  • Golf Tournament is set for September 26th.  More info soon.
  • Stump grinding:  We’re going to pay our neighbor Tom $75 to grind out that big old stump in the back yard…and a couple more smaller ones I think.
  • Happy Hour Fryday:  We’re talking about having a FRYday fish fry or something els fry this summer. Chef Danny Boy Sucich of Smell’s Kitchen will perform the culinary cooking. Details coming soon.
  • Membership meeting:  ?


Membership meeting notes – January 16, 2009

Notes from the Membership meeting of Friday, January 16, 2009:

  • TV Service upgraded:  We now (finally) have HD in the pool house and new receivers and remotes in the bar room and living room.  They are all the same and they all work.  We also have all the premium movie channels for three months for free.
  • Deck Expansion:  So far we’ve spent $14805 of our budget $25,000.  The plan is to move forward and complete the project as soon as possible.  We may have to borrow a little money to finish the work.
  • The poker tournament made us $650 because the winner donated $200 back to the Club.
  • Mouse Races:  February 28th.  Organizational meeting Wednesday, January 28th at 7 pm Changed to February 4th at 6 pm..  Dave received approval to have a Mouse Races night for his daughter Logan’s soccer club the night before (Feb 27) at the Club.  He will do most of the3 set-up for both events.
  • Trivia Night:  January 31st at St. Norberts, just like last year.  Doors open 6:30.  Game begins at 7.  We still have room for tables.  Call Roweberry for more info.
  • Beer machine:  Bill changer is still not working. 
  • Super Bowl: Sunday, February 1st.  Festivities get underway at 3:18.  Game time is 5:18 pm.  We’re asking people to bring a snack or dish.  Cost will be $15 per adult.  Kids less than that.
  • Weston Porzelt dropped from membership.  He wants to pay his back dues though.
  • Bowling at Corner Bar:  Mike Green is looking into organizing a night there.  More info soon.
  • St. Pat’s Party:  Saturday, March 14th.  Meet at the Club anytime after 2 pm or after the parade.  BYOB and a snack.
  • Social Coordinator:  Glen Morris volunteered to be the Social Coordinator for 2009.  That means he will be the keeper of the official calendar for the Club.  Contact Glen for events and reservations.
  • Canopy Lost:  We lost a canopy in one of the ice & wind storms in early winter.
  • Murph voted in:  Dan Murphy was voted in as a Resident member by a vote of 14–2.  His dues go from $25 to $20 a month.
  • MVB Guard dies:  Billy Cira, the man who stood guard over the cars at GMVB the last few years dies last month of cancer.  The Club was going to make a $100 donation to Backstoppers in his memory.
  • New Board of Directors elected:  The new Board consists of:  Mike Green, Dave Brink, Glen Morris, Gary Rowberry, Mike Mathews, Larry Green, Dave Heacock, and Al Karniski  is the alternate Board member.
  • Reservations:  The following reservations were approved:  Jan 18 – D Heacock, Jan 25 – L Green, May 30 – L Martinez, Jun 27, A Karniski, Jun 20 – G Morris, Jul 25 – G Pfeffer, Aug 1 – D Sucich, Aug 22, – G Rowberry, Sep 12 – G Spearman, Sep 19 – S Brunello.
  • Upcoming events:  Koman Race for  the Cure – June 13,  GMVB 2009 – August 9th

Membership meeting Friday, January 16th

The all-important January membership meeting is this Friday, January 16th.  The meeting gets underway at 7:16 pm. 

The January meeting is usually well attended because that’s when people try to get summer reservations.  We also elect a new Board of Directors at the January meeting.  A card game will most likely break out after the meeting.

All members are encouraged to attend.

Board meeting notes – November 5, 2008

Notes from the Board meeting of Wednesday, November 5, 2008:

  • Shit List: Eric Galvin, Dan McGuire, Weston Porzelt, and Bill Yates
  • TV Service:  We’re actually getting very close to upgrading our service.  Looks like we’re going to stay with Direct TV.  It could happen this month.
  • Football Raffle:  Everything is going fine.
  • Club answering machine:  The Club has an answering machine.  You can call the Club and after 8 or 9 rings the machine will give out a message about the latest Club news or work schedule.
  • Money changer on the soda machine isn’t working.  We’re looking into the problem.
  • Glutton Gas:  Kevin will take over as Gas editor on January 1st.
  • Deck Expansion:  We’re making great progress. The new deck is almost done. Railings are next.  We’re still working on the wall and patio area.  So far we’ve spent about $8,800.
  • Ice freezer:  It will be moved somewhere by Alk, Rick, and Kevk.
  • Motion:  When the Board suspends a members dues it also suspends the members Club privileges.  Motion passed 5–0.
  • Receipts:  Some money has come up missing from the beer machine.  If you take money for purchases you’ve made LEAVE YOUR RECEIPTS. No exceptions!
  • Membership plaque:  Joe Rieker printed and framed it.  We then found a couple discrepancies, so he’ll redo it.
  • Karaoke Night at the Bistro:  Gary Spearman is once again having a Karaoke Night at the Bistro on Saturday, November 15th.  A good time was had by all who attended last year.  Location: South 94 Bistro in St. Charles (94 outer road and Jung Station) in the St. Charlestowne Plaza.
  • Poker Tournament:  Saturday, November 29th. That’s the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  Start time is 7 pm sharp. Get there early. We’ll also do regular poker in the pool house.  Let Glen know if you’re gonna play.
  • Christmas Party December 20th:  The party will be held at the Club.  Dinner served at 7 pm with some sort of program at 8:00.  Smoking will not be allowed in the Club until after dinner, and then only in the bar room (not the rec room).  Smoking is permitted in the pool house.  Cost = $20 per person.
  • Trivia Night:  Saturday, January 31st at St. Norbert’s in Florissant.  That is the night before the Super Bowl.   We’re going to also use their kitchen to cook the shrimp for the Super Bowl that afternoon.
  • Glutton Thoroughbred Mouse Races:  We set the date of February 28th for the next Glutton  Mouse Races.  Mark your calendars.

Membership meeting notes – October 17, 2008

Notes from the Membership meeting of Friday, October 17, 2008:

  • Shit List: Eric Galvin, Dan Halverson, Westin Porzelt, Dan Murphy, Bill Yates, Dan McGuire.
  • Membership Plaque:  Brother Rieker got a clarification of a few names and is putting the finishing touches on it.
  • TV Service Committee Report:  Still nothing has been done.  We determined that we want a minimum of three receivers (possibly 4) and we’ll most likely go with Direct TV.  We MAY NEED to turn off our service for 30 days in order to get the best deal as a NEW CUSTOMER.  Glen and Gary promised (again) to get it done.
  • Poker Tournament:  November 29th is the date for the Texas Holdem Tournament.  Start time is 7 pm sharp.  We’ll also do regular poker in the pool house.
  • Trivia Night:  Date has been confirmed for Saturday, January 31st at St. Norbert’s in Florissant.  That is the night before the Super Bowl.   We’re going to also use their kitchen to cook the shrimp for the Super Bowl.
  • Glutton Thoroughbred Mouse Races:  We set the date of February 28th for the next Glutton  Mouse Races.  Mark your calendars.
  • Christmas Party December 20th:  The party will be held at the Club.  Dinner served at 7 pm with some sort of program at 8:00.
  • Karaoke Night at the Bistro:  Gary Spearman is once again having a Karaoke Night at the Bistro on Saturday, November 15th.  A good time was had by all who attended last year.  Location: South 94 Bistro in St. Charles (94 outer road and Jung Station) in the St. Charlestowne Plaza.
  • Deck Expansion: Work is progressing on the deck renovation. We’re primarily working weekends on the project. The septic tank was pumped out ($275) and a new, lower (under the deck surface) cleanout pipe was installed in it.  Most of the new deck substructure is in place and decking could be started soon.  The base of the retaining wall is being installed.  We’re going to try to get the bathroom in the pool house operational before the Christmas Party. The drain work is all complete, we just need to get the water connected and fixtures installed.
  • Bits & Pieces:  The bathroom door (by the living room) is in need of some repair.  Glen said he’d look into it. The bathroom itself has been approved for remodel, but it’s on the back burner because of the deck work. … We now have two trash companies at least for a while.  Might change later. … The ref chairs are in for a sealing soon by Larry the Painter Guy. … The storage container in the back yard is leaking and in need of some repair.  Glen and Rick will look into the best solution.  … Jim Woodside has donated 21 really nice chairs to the Club.  We’re trying to decide if we have the room to store them or if we want to get rid of them. ….  The membership voted to get a new telephone with an answering machine, so we can leave messages on it for the members – things like when the next workday is or info about an upcoming meeting or event. … Money changer on the beer machine is not working.  We’re looking into the problem.

Board meeting notes – October 1, 2008

Notes from the Board meeting of Wednesday, October 1, 2008:

  • Shit List: Eric Galvin, Dan Halverson, Dave Heacock, Weston Porzelt, Gary Spearman and Bill Yates.
  • Golf Tournament:  39 players played.  Club made $185
  • TV committee: Nothing done yet another month.
  • Football Raffle:  Three weeks down and a dozen or so to go.  All tickets have been distributed. Winners listed in right sidebar.
  • Deck Expansion:  Old deck was removed.  Concrete slabs removed and some grading done.  Some plumbing work has been done.  The plan is to work on Sunday’s until it gets too cold.  Other days (and evenings) will be scheduled also.  Members are encouraged to come over and help out.
  • Membership Plaque:  Joe Rieker has printed a new plaque.  He just needs to get it framed and mounted.
  • Trivia Night:  We’re trying to get the night before Super Bowl, which will be Saturday, January 31st, since the Super Bowl will be on February 1st.  Our secondary pick is the Saturday before that. 
  • Mouse Races:  We’re going to wait until we secure the date for the Trivia Night, before we finalize the date for the Mouse Races.
  • Christmas Party:  It will be held at the Club on Saturday, December 20th.  Mark your calendars.
  • Poker Tournament:  November 29th is the date.  Yes, that’s Toilet Bowl Saturday, the weekend after Thanksgiving.  We’ve decided to forgo the paintball massacre this year.
  • Bit & Pieces: 
    • Bathroom still needs to be redone.
    • Living room is in need of a make-over.
    • We need to find a better place for the freezer than the rec room.
    • Kevin has said that he won’t be the Social Coordinator next year.
    • Jonco would like to turn over the Glutton Gas to a new editor.
    • Larry is going to clear-coat the ref chairs and updated picnic table.
    • Septic tank has been pumped out.
    • Thanks to Michaelia Green for catering the Deck Expansion Kickoff.  Excellent!
    • If you’re at the Club, fill up an ice bag or two and toss them into the freezer.
    • Reservation fee of $50 begins January, 1, 2009.
    • Alk says we need a new amplifier as ours is on it’s last leg.
    • UPS is donating $250 to the GMVB effort for the Children’s Home.
    • Operating Rules still need to be revised.
  • New Reservations
    • Oct 25 – Rick Walton

Board meeting notes – September 3, 2008

Notes from the Board meeting of Wednesday, September 3, 2008:

  • Shit List: Eric Galvin, Dan Halverson, Dave Heacock, Dan Murphy, Bill Yates.
  • GMVB 08:  We raised $2154 for the Evangelical Children’s Home.  All the final bills aren’t in yet, but Byrd estimates that we will end up with about $5200 for the Club.  Thanks to all who worked and participated in one way or another.  Next year will be the 25th GMVB tournament.  We need to do something special for the 25th.
  • Golf Tournament:  Saturday, September 20th.  Starts at 8 am at Belk Park.  We are in need of attendance prizes for the tournament.  Let Glen know if you can come up with something.  More info here.
  • Football Raffle:  Almost all the tickets have been sold.  There might be a few still out that haven’t been sold.  Important:  If you have sold tickets that have not been turned in, you need to get them to Don S. or Gary R. ASAP.  More info here.
  • TV committee: Nothing done yet another month.  Ho-Hum
  • Pool committee: The pool came back from GMVB in about 3 days.  It was crystal clear.  It was noted that the bottom drain is clogged again.  It was also noted that the Tiger Shark vacuum system worked like a charm all year.
  • Deck Expansion: The deck expansion will get underway in a big way on Sunday, September 21st.  That’s the day after the golf tournament.  A special deck expansion meeting will be next Wednesday, September 10th at 5 pm.
  • Tree trimming:  Our neighbor Tom dropped five trees for us at a cost of $200. 
  • Recycling:  Mike Green turned in another $73 in aluminum last month.  Keep up the good work.
  • Mizzou Tailgate:  Mike green is going to do a Mizzou Tailgate in Columbia on Saturday, September 23rd.  If you’re interested in going contact Mike.
  • October Membership meeting:  The date has been set:  Friday, October 17th starting at 7:17 pm.  Be there.
  • Soda Machine narrowly escapes demise:  A raucous discussion erupted over the beer machine not having beer in it.  Several drunkards insisted that we empty the soda machine out and put beer in it too.  Someone finally pointed out that the problem was that the beer machine was not being filled often enough and that we probably don’t need 40 flavors of beer.
  • Stereo amplifier:  Alk noted that the Kenwood amp we have is going out.  He’s going to come up with some ideas about replacing it and present at the next meeting.
  • Membership plaque redo:  Joe Rieker IS working on it.
  • By-Laws:  The Board postponed discussion on the revised By-Laws until the next Board Meeting.
  • New Reservations: 
    • Dave Heacock Sat., Sep 27
    • Mike Cooper Sat. Oct 11
    • Rick Walton Sat., Oct 25
    • Schoendienst Sat., Dec 6
    • Glen Morris Sat., Dec 13
           See the complete list in the sidebar on the left.
  • New member prospect:  Al Karniski is sponsoring Andy Norton of Ferguson.  Andy was at the meeting and seems like a nice guy.  Let’s not forget our other two new member prospects: Jim Doyle and John Lee.  Welcome guys!

Board meeting notes – August 6, 2008

Notes from the Board meeting of Wednesday, August 6, 2008:

  • The pool has been found both unlocked and very messy lately and this needs to stop.
    • Doors unlocked:  On several occasions over the last few weeks members have found that the doors are being left unlocked and the gates open.  If you’re the last person leaving YOU MUST check and make sure the doors are ALL locked.
    • Clean up after yourself:  If you’re enjoying the club facilities, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, do the rest of the Club the courtesy of cleaning up the mess you made and put your trash away.  If we all left the Club as we found it, there would be no problem.  If you have a reservation, YOU are responsible for seeing that the trash is put away properly and ALSO that it gets to the street on trash pick-up day.
    • Alarm not set:  On a couple occasions members have found that the alarm was not set when they arrived at the Club.  We must ALL remember to set the alarm when we leave the Club.
  • Shit List: Joe Furlong, Dan Halverson, Kevin McCauley, Gary Spearman, and Bill Yates
  • GMVB
    • Wrist bands for workers only at a cost of $15 if you’re drinking alcohol, $10 for non alcohol adults and $5 for kids working.
    • We’re going to strive to keep muddy people out of the pool and the pool area.
    • We’re going to close the pool when we can no longer see the bottom.
    • Board voted to purchase an alcohol liability insurance policy to cover us in the event of a tragedy at a cost of about $640.  Next year we’ll raise the price of entry to cover this additional expense.
  • Football Raffle:  With the football season just a few weeks away, we need to really push the raffle tickets in the next week or so.  If you need tickets contact Gary Rowberry or Don Schoendienst.  If you have sold tickets please get them back to Gary, don or our treasurer Mike Mathews.  If you have no idea what this is about click here.
  • Golf Tournament:  September 20th at Belk Park.  We needs attendance prizes for the Golf Tournament.  If you run across anything please let Glen know.  If you want to play, let Glen know too.
  • TV Service:  A committee of Gary Rowberry, Glen Morris and Luis Martinez was formed to bring us the best deal in new service so we can have four televisions controlled separately, with HD where applicable.
  • Trees:  Tree trimming has not been done yet. Board feels that it’d be best not to drop them before MVB.  But, the work should be done soon.
  • Membership plaque:  Joe Rieker has volunteered to update the membership plaque.
  • Beer at meetings:  In an effort to facilitate better meetings, a motion to keep the beer machine locked DURING Board meetings but open afterwards was narrowly defeated by the board.

Update:  We’ve learned that we got the alcohol liability insurance for $368 instead of $640.

Membership meeting notes – July 18, 2008

Note from the rowdy Membership meeting of Friday, July 18, 2008:

  • Shit List: Luis Martinez, Dan Murphy and Westin Porzelt.  The membership directed to Board to handle these issues.
  • GMVB:  We currently have 6 paid teams.  We need items for the Silent Auction.  Contact Connie Karniski (314–344–2936) if you have items to donate.  You can also contact Sandy Pagano, Deb Heacock or Jon Heacock.
    We also need items donated to sell (food, drink, etc.).  Let Dave or Deb know if you can get anything.  Letters from the Club and the Children’s home and more info on GMVB can be found here.
  • Football Raffle tickets are selling and should really pick up next month before the beginning of the season.  More info here.
  • Pool pump and motor replaced:  Our pool filter motor and pump have been acting up and were replace at a cost of $419.  We’re going to try to fix the old pump and save it as a spare.  We’re also going to change to a saltwater filtering system next spring.
  • Mission Statement:  The membership adopted the mission statement prepared by Brother Brink.
    “The Redman Acres Athletic Club is a not-for-profit corporation. The Mission of the Corporation is to provide a facility for members to socialize and to participate in fundraising opportunities for various charitable organizations.”
  • Tree cutting:  Nothing has been done yet by neightbor Tom who agreed to fell five trees for $200.
  • Deck Expansion:  Work will kick-off on Sunday, September 21st.  That is the day after the golf tournament.
  • Golf Tournament September 20th:  We’re looking at an 8 am start at Belk Park.  More info here.
  • New Ice Machine:  We have a new compact ice machine in the utility room.  Mike and Larry installed it under the supervision of Gary Rowberry at a cost of $1830.  They also cleaned out the utility room.  Good job guys.  Kevin has offered the club a chest freezer, but it won’t fit in the utility room.  We’re going to use it for GMVB though.
  • Board member meeting attendance:  It’s apparently an issue.  The membership directed to Board to deal with it.
  • Amazing Race Glutton Style, is being planned for this fall.  Stay tuned.
  • New TV/ Satellite options:  Gary Rowberry did his research (finally) and presented three options for our TV service.  The membership directed toe Board to deal with it.
  • Pool House Security:  It was noted that we’re not always locking the doors and windows when we leave the Club.  The Board will look into security options.  Reminder:  Check the doors and windows when you leave the Club.
  • Membership plaque:  We’re going to ask Joe Rieker if he can update the membership plaque in the near future.  Our two newest members, John Lee and Jim Doyle were in attendance at the meeting.  They are being sponsored by Gary Rowbewrry.
  • Pots and pans: Membership approved the purchase of a set of cookware, and towels, etc for up to $200.
  • Late Fee changed:  The membership approved the motion to change the late fee to $5 per month replacing the $3 fee that was charged.  Goes intoi effect August 1, 2008.
  • Reservation Fee:  The membership approved the institution of a Reservation Fee of $50 for any reservation in addition to the $50 clean-up deposit.  This goes into effect for all reservations after January 1, 2009.

Board meeting notes – July 2, 2008

Notes from the Board meeting of Wednesday, July 2, 2008:

  • Shit List: Several members were noted as being delinquent in their dues three months or more.  Those members are:  Luis Martinez, Dan Murphy, Weston Porzelt, Joe Rieker and Rick Walton.  The Board expressed that this is a problem that needs a solution.  They discussed the possibility of changing the late fee assessed to the dues.  This will be brought up at the membership meeting July 18th.
  • Football Raffle:  About half of the tickets are out being sold as of now.   You can get tickets to sell (or keep) from either Don Schoendienst or Gary Rowberry.
  • GMVB 2008:  We need items for the Silent Auction and food items also.   If you have anything ley Jonco or Deb Heacock know.  A GMVB meeting will be held Firday, July 18th at 5:30 pm (right before the mebership meeting).  Be there if you can.
  • Deck Expansion:  The Board approved the idea of upgrading the electric panel in the garage to accomodate the electrical needs of the new addition.  No other news on the project.
  • Pool:  The Pool Committee decided to wait until after the swimming season to install a saltwater filtering system.  It will save money doing it that way.  There is some concern about the pool filter shutting down during the day for an hour or so.  We think it’s overheating and shutting off to cool down.  Not sure if that’s a problem or not.
  • By-Laws Update:  Brother Brink has gone over and revised the By-Laws with minor changes that have been enacted recently.  They should be available publicly soon.
  • Tree trimming:  The Board last month authorized the cutting down of a few problem dead trees.  The work hasn’t been done yet.
  • TV Service Upgrade:  Gary Rowberry is looking into our options on upgrading our television service with more receivers and probably HD capabilities.  He will report at the membership meeting.
  • Ice Maker: The Board approved the purchase of a new ice machine for the utility room.  The cost will be about $1700, but it should pay for itself in about five years or less.  It will make 170 pounds of ice a day.  Kevin McCauley is willing to donate a chest freezer for storing bags of ice if it will fit in the utility room.
  • New members:  Gary Rowberry is sponsoring two guys for membership.  John Lee and Jim Doyle.  They have attended several Glutton functions in the past. If you see them around the Club, welcome them. 
  • Membership Meeting:  Friday night, July 18th beginning at 7:18 pm.
  • Quote of the night:  “170 ponds of ice…. that’s a ton of ice.”  — Glen Morris  (He went to Riverview)

Board meeting notes – June 4, 2008

Notes from the Board meeting of Wednesday, June 4, 2008:

  • Salt Water Pool System:  The Club authorized the purchase and installation of a saltwater pool system for our pool.  It is supposed to be more economical to run, requires a little less maintenance and is not supposed to turn August Green. A committee is being formed and has the approval to spend up to $1,300 on a system. 
  • Flat screen TV:  The Board also authorized the expenditure of up to $1,200 on the purchase of a flat screen TV for the pool house.   Byrd and Jonco will take care of this.
  • Shit List:  Weston Porzelt is 4 months behind in his dues.  Everyone else is OK… for now.
  • Water bill is finally in the name of the Club.  If anyone sees Arnie Sullivan, let him know he’s finally off the hook.
  • Memorial Day PIGNIC made about an $80 profit.  I think it cost the Club a few bucks last year.   Thanks to all who attended.
  • R.A.A.C. By-Laws are being “cleaned up” by Dave Brink with a little help from Joe Rieker.  Hopefully the finished product will be available at the next Board meeting.
  • Football Raffle tickets are out.  About half of the tickets have been dispersed, which is good giving the time of year.  If you want some, contact Don Schoendienst or Gary Rowberry.   SELL! SELL! SELL!
  • Deck Expansion is moving along as the committee continues with the plans.  Official construction kick-off set for Sunday, September 21st.
  • GMVB 2008 plans are coming along.  Anheuser Busch has donated 3 unbrellas for the ref chairs which we need to rebuild. They also gave us about ten assorted banners for use during the tournament.  We are asking for donations for the Silent Auction earlier this year.  Please see what you can get for the auction.
  • Homeless in St. Louis updateKevin is no longer a homeless transient.  He moved into a new place in Troy IL on June 1st.   Joe Furlong has set up digs in Chesterfield.  Mike and Pat Cooper have sold their home in St. Jacob IL and are having a house built near Wentzville.  They are staying with Mikes brother in O’Fallon in the meantime. 
  • Dead trees:  The Board has authorized up to $200 to take down about 6 dead trees. 
  • A Mission Statement is apparently needed.  The Board is working on it.
  • Attic Insulation made it to the attic, but it still needs to de spread out. 
  • Reservations:  Gerard changed his reservation from August 23rd to June 14th.  Jonco cancelled his reservation of July 26thTwig reserved the Club on Tuesday, July 1st for an afternoon kids party.
  • Fathers Day at the Club:  June 15th.  Bring your own food and drink.  Club will provide charcoal for those wishing to BBQ.
  • First Happy Hour Party cost the Club $38.90 for wings and fixins.


Board Meeting Notes – May 7, 2008

Notes form the Board meeting of Wednesday, May 7, 2008:

  • Wrigley1Club Mascot  The Board voted to accept Wrigley (sometimes known as Toddles II) as the official Club mascot.  He now has all the rights of a member except he’s not allowed IN the pool, nor is he allowed to shit on the diving board steps.  Wrigley was granted all other member priviliges.  (I guess he’ll be reserving the Club soon.)
  • Shit List:  Dan Halverson and Joe Rieker were reported to be at least 90 days in arrears.
  • Deck Expansion planning is underway.  The tentative kickoff of this project is Sunday, September 21 (the day after the Golf Tournament)  Some preliminary work may take place before that date. More info on the deck expansion project can be found on the Deck Expansion page.  Next meeting, May 14th 6 pm
  • Bathroom Remodel  It hasn’t been forgotten, but is on the back burner for now
  • Trees  We have a few trees that are dead and pose a potential threat to the storage container in the back yard.  The Board is evaluating it’s options.
  • Swimming Pool was just filled and is it’s usual August Green… but the filter hadn’t been turned on as of the Board meeting. (It should be running by the time you read this).  Also, the Board believes the bottom drain has been unclogged.
  • Football Pool Raffle tickes were printed by Jonco and all 496 were stuffed into random envelopes and are for sale.  More info on the Football Raffle page.
  • Attic Insulation still needs to be put in the attic.  Glen volunteered to spearhead the installation.
  • GMVB 2008  Letters from the Evangelical Children’s Home and the Gluttons are on the website to help facilitate the aquisition of items for the Silent Auction.  Rosters are also available online.  See the GMVB page for more info.  We’re also developing an Early Pig Package at a discount for teams.
  • Memorial Day Pignic is set for Sunday, May 25th.  The Board left the cost for the event the same as last year.  $15 for adults, $5 for kids from 6–20, and FREE for all kids 5 and under.  Last year we lost $214 on the event.  Standard fare is planned this year, including those delicious extra thick pork steaks.  Get there early!
  • Board meeting attendance  There was some discussion about some Board members missing Board meetings.  The Board members present emphasized the importance of all Board members being present at Board meetings.
  • Upcoming Events
    • Expansion Committee meeting May 14 6 pm
    • Washer Tournament May 17  More info
    • Happy Hour Party May 30  6 pm – ?  (Small cover charge)
    • Father’s Day Jun 15 – Bring your own food and drink… and Dad too.
    • Komen Walk Jun 21   Sign up here to walk with the Gluttons
    • Golf Tournament Sep 20.  Details coming soon
    • Amazing Race – Glutton Style Coming this fall
    • Christmas Party Dec 20

Membership meeting notes…

Notes from the membership meeting of Friday, April 18, 2008:

  • Grass will be cut by Dan Halverson once again … at $55 per cut.
  • Also approved $70 for weed & feed and grass seed for some bare spots
  • Shit List:  Eric Galvin
  • Football High Score Pool sales will start soon   Potential to make $3,000. Details coming soon.
  • Club Clean-Up Saturday Apr 19th and Saturday April 26 starting at 9 am.
  • Poker Tournament had 41 players.  Net profit $483  Jim Paulson won and Dan “All In” Sucich came in second.
  • Washer Tournament May 17.  Meeting Wed, Apr 23 at 6 pm.  Still need a few more boxes.   If you have any pieces of 2X4’s laying around, bring them to the club.
  • Golf Tournament Sept. 20th.  8:30 start time.  Belk Park.  Cost expected to be $75 per person.   Next year we think we can get a better deal at Woodlands.
  • Happy Hour Party May 30th.  Gary Rowberry and Glen Morris will coordinate.
  • Water pipe needs to be replaced.  We’re probably also going to replace and relocate the water heater at the same time.  Where are you Twig?
  • Party at the Park – May 2nd.   Doors open at 6 pm.  We need to get there early to save tables.
  • Satellite TV changes:  Nothing new.
  • Bathroom remodel:  Discussed but nothing definite planned.   We just don’t want to forget about it.
  • Deck Expansion:  Membership approved the plan as presented by the committee.  Work is expected to get underway right after the summer swimming season.  A meeting will be held April 30th at 5 pm.
  • GMVB 08:  An organizational meeting will be held on Wed, April 30th at 6:30 pm.   We urge all members to attend this meeting.
  • Glutton Amazing Race:  Dave Heacock, with the help of others, is coordinating an Glutton Style Amazing Race for this fall, probably in October.   This could turn into a nice fundraiser for the Club…. and a heck of a good time for all.  More details as they develop.
  • Danny Schoendienst sponsored (again) for membership.  Dan says he’s really ready now to become a Glutton.

Meeting adjourned at 9:39 pm.  A poker game, libations and bullshit talk erupted afterwards.