Notes from the Board meeting of Wednesday, April 6, 2011.
- Shit List: Dan Halverson and Andy Norton (Letters sent to appear by membership meeting or face expulsion)
- Living Room tile: Budget was $700. Came in at just about $500
- Furniture: Board voted to spend up to $300 on some
wickerpatio type furniture for the Florida room (formerly known as the living room).
- TV: Whether to keep the TV in the Florida room and buy a new TV for outside or move the one in the Florida room outside and have nothing in there but a bracket was discussed. No consensus. Will be brought up again at the Membership meeting.
- Surveillance system hasn’t be re-installed yet but will be.
- St. Pat’s party cost the Club about $9. Close to 30 people attended.
- Key Card Entry system: Brother Mathews has been working to get new software and keys for the system. Progress is slow, but it is progress.
- Entry Way Gate: Murph is ready to start work on the new entry way gate and landscaping. Should be done in the next month or so.
- Flag pole: Anyone wanting to give ideas about where the new flag pole should be installed, please be at the Membership meeting a little early so we can decide where it’ll go. Dave H will get it installed.
- Umbrellas: We got a deal on 5 table umbrellas ($45) They’ll be popping up around the club this summer.
- Compressor: Mike Green got us a new compressor for the Club for $55. It will be kept in the utility room. Please make sure it goes back in there after it’s used.
- Memorial Day Pignic: Sunday May 29. This will be the 40th anniversary of Glutton life on Jerries Lane. Any ideas for a celebration should be brought to the Board’s attention or to the membership meeting.
- Grass cutting: The Board voted to contract the yard work to Rick again this year for $1500 (same as last year). Rick always does a great job on the year work.
- Beer going up: The Board voted to raise the price of premium beers (Bud, Bud Light Select) in the beer machine to $1. Cheaper beers (Stag, Natty Lights) and soda can still be had in the other machine for 75¢
- GMVB Water: Gerard brought up the idea of changing out water service at the Club. We can get a new meter with a larger output pipe that feeds the premises. He’s going to look into the costs and report back to the membership.
- Outdoor kitchen: Board asked when the sink would be finished (under-counters and finishing of the stainless steel). Hopefully it’ll be done for the Pignic.
- New soda machine? Someone asked f we should think about getting a soda machine for the outside patio are for the summer. No consensus.
- Poker Tournament April 15th Doors open 6:30 – Play begins at 7. $55 buy in.
- Membership meeting Friday, April 22 at 7:22 pm.
- Mouse Races June 11 – Tentative date – Details to follow
- G.O.B. Gathering: The Glutton Old Boys will meet at the Club on Thursdays, May 12th and July 21 to watch a Cardinal game and recollect old times. All guys welcome.
- Float Trip – Labor Day weekend at Huzah Valley Resort. Reservations 800–367–4516
- Progressive Dinner probably coming in May or June in the St. Charles area. More info at the Membership meeting.